Tuesday, March 3, 2015

DON'T SCRATCH IT!

VANITAS VANITATIS

Many, many years ago, when I was so proud of my body that I showed it off whenever I could, I went to a Halloween party as our universal parent, Adam, wearing only a costume consisting of leaves sewed onto a dark-green bikini, so that the fabric was invisible. I did pay a price for my vanity! The leaves were poisonous, probably poison oak; and I passed days in misery with an inflamed and blistered crotch (no pictures, please).
MIXED EMOTIONS REMEMBERED: looking out the window and seeing my favorite cat savaging my favorite plant.

A FAVORITE SCENT: new-mown grass.

SOMETHING MUCH APPRECIATED: at 85, I do not need glasses.

GOD'S SECRET: reap the praise, escape the blame.

REMEMBERED JOY OF THE DAY: seven cats tumbling through the front door when I open it in the morning, for breakfast on the tray under my desk: Jello, Peanutbutter, Pie, Circle, Saint Francis, Richard, and Samson.

WELCOME TO: March!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A SELF UNSHARED SHRIVELS.