Friday, March 13, 2015

LOWER THE FLAG

HELMETS AND HALOS

I do not "celebrate" Veterans' Day. I grieve for the loved ones of those who are injured, killed, or captured; but I do not subscribe to the notion that "soldier" and "hero" are synonymous. The average soldier is an average human being, and that is not saying much about his morality and character. The "best" warriors are mostly spiritual robots and racist murderers. Bob Dorman, Korean veteran, patriot and avid flag-waver, asked me why I did not join him in the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars. I told him that I was not proud of, was even ashamed of the deaths I was responsible for. He said, "They're only kooks." I said, "THAT is why I do not join you."

DOES GOD ever say, "You're welcome"?

THE MAIN DIFFERENCE between banks and burglars is that banks warn you ahead of time that they are going to rob you.

HOW SAD that our lexicographers have chosen "unfriend" as the word of the year.

IT IS NOT always easy to like those whom one loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A SELF UNSHARED SHRIVELS.