Tuesday, February 17, 2015

THAT SINKING FEELING

LADY OF THE LAKE

I did once live by a large, lovely man-made lake surrounded by bushes, trees, and vegetation so lush that for most of the year their reflections made the lake look like a giant emerald. Magnificent! I spent a lot of time there, closer than I have ever been to heaven, swimming, fishing, daydreaming... So, one afternoon I espied a lady near the opposite shore sunbathing in a canoe. I just had to meet her! Thinking of stripping and swimming over to her, I noticed a rowboat beached a short distance away, with the oars in place. I pushed it into the water, and started rowing, my racing heart acting like some kind of metaphorical motor. Suddenly--I realize the boat is leaking badly! Less than a third of the way there, I am sinking! I abandon ship and swim to the dock. When I am ashore, the lady stands and waves at me before paddling away--stark naked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A SELF UNSHARED SHRIVELS.