Tuesday, September 23, 2014

FRIGHTENING

WHO ARE YOU?
This, dear readers, is an invitation to you to share one of your most frightening experiences. Here is one of mine. Several years ago, when I first started feeling senility breathing down my back, I had eleven cats. Even though I never talked to any of them, they each had a name, which I would silently recite to myself as they came tumbling through the door when I opened it for them to come in for breakfast. One morning I suddenly realized that I could not remember a single name! I panicked. Cold sweat started running down my back, and my heart raced madly. After a desperate effort to calm down, it took me more than four hours to recapture their names, taking them one at a time and struggling with all kinds of association, since many of them had names related to their appearance, like "butterscotch" for the tawny one. A trivial event, perhaps, but I will never forget the psychic horror of it. I look forward to reading about your "scare."

No comments:

Post a Comment

A SELF UNSHARED SHRIVELS.